October 1, 2015 -- "Week 5 in the Abbey"

Hello. Week 5 in the Abbey. 4 more to go.  :)

Well week 5 has been wonderful and exciting. So we have had 7 sisters in our zone 6 which were speaking Bulgarian and then me speaking Czech. That has now gone down to six because darling Sestra Bocangra had to run of and get married haha sounds crazy but she literally is getting married! She has been praying about it since she got here. That is so happy for her:) Although I don't think this a lot, I sometimes think maybe I should get married so I can climb the Provo mountains... But then I tell myself to be patient and don't try to leave and get married just because you want to go climbing. So with this sister leaving I have a new companion Sestra Williams what a sweet darling girl from Idaho! She is also going to the Bulgaria, Sophia mish super excited to get to know her more:)

 I realized I have never told you about the zone I am in we have some really FANASTIC people like the Turks, the Macedonia's, the Bulgarians, the Czech's(whhooo), the Polish, the Croatians, the Slovaks, the Slovenian's, They are all super different but super great it has been such a blessing to get to know them for this short time through them and there examples I am already seeing how Heavenly Father knows I am supposed to be here:)

So here at the MTC you also get to watch pretty much every church event that goes one in the Church( but womens conference you have to wait a week :p) So I had the wonderful opportunity to watch the funeral of the lovely Richard G. Scott I learned of how real prophets and apostles of the Savior of Jesus Christ are. I has been made known of what a great man Richard G. Scott was and will continue to be. I would suggest going to LDS.org and listening to the last song "Come Thou Fount" in Elder Scott's funeral video it was so powerful and really testified to be oh how eternal this life is it is so much more than where we are at now!

Also had another wonderful devotional and Elder Costa spoke(wouldn't even be surprised if he was one of the new apostles). In the devotional he talked about Paul one of the apostle of Jesus Christ and one of the best missionary's that ever lived!  He said Paul desired Salvation for everyone at that moment I thought of lots of people I knew and lots of people I didn't know I relized there is not one person that I could ever meet that I wouldn't want there Salvation for! I was humbled as I thought of the times before I got my call I really in my heart desired to go where mom, dad, brother, served their mission, and also the beautiful place I was born, Taiwan. When I opened my call I knew I would go where ever the Lord wanted me to go. I was so surprised opening my call because if I was to put a pin on a map of the last place I would have thought I would go it would of honestly somehow ended up on the Czech Republic in fact I remember saying to my mom "I think even Heavenly Father he knows that I am not supposed to go to Europe" I am guessing he was probably dieing of laughter at that point. But regardless of what I thought before, each and everyday I am seeing that I am supposed to be here and that the Czech people are the people I get the privilege to proclaim the gospel. Because I want Salvation for everyone I am so grateful that I could be going to the people I least expected. I have already gained a love for them as I study their difficult but beautiful language. 

Speaking of the speaking the language, it's coming. I can honestly say it is coming a lot slower than I would have hoped, but the gift of tongues is real. 

P.S. watch conferance this week and be spiritually uplifted.  I am so stoked to watch it here at the MTC! Thomas S. Monson is the coolest person on earth. And is going to have like way high ranks in heaven, so I recommend you all listen to that great guy! 

Oh and shoutout to the one and only Alana Baxter being featured across the nations in the General Women's Broadcast. Literally cried when I saw her angelic face and was pretty sure I heard her singing the loudest out of the choir. I also recommend everyone watching her and the rest of the meeting!  

Love you all
Sestra Baxter


No comments:

Post a Comment