Thanks again for all your letters and packages!
Wow times flies I will be heading to Ceskíná in less than two weeks. That is insane and super happy and scary. Well this week has been a great I have been to reflect on a lot of how far I have come from first getting here at the MTC.
We had an awesome devotional. It talked a lot about how we as missionaries(or I know even me before the mission) are so important how we are teaching, how we are doing, how we are learning the language , and since we are so concentrated on us we forget about the miracle that can happen in front of our eyes which is, witnessing someones change of heart to God. I reflect back to one of my first lesson with my investigator Phillip I had a planned out lesson I wanted to talk on prophets it ended up going to the Holy Ghost. I had a coaching with my teacher after I expressed to him I thought I taught a bad lesson because it wasn't planned and didn't go where I wanted it to, so I didn't have the vocab I needed. I realized as we talked on that I was blind in that lesson Phillip who was a atheist expressed to me that he had felt something. I was blinded of the miracle that God spoke to Phillip who didn't even believe in God had felt God talking to him. That experience still brings me to tears thinking about it. My head can not wrap around that fact that people don't know that they have a loving God who is their Heavenly Father, a redeeming Savior, and that they can live with people they love forever. That is my only desire to teach people of the knowledge I know. which is that The Church of Jesus Christ is for everybody! WOW do I love being a Missionary!
Tak. Well I have decided to tell you what I do each day in the MTC because my mom is curious and maybe everyone else wonders what someone does in the MTC for 9 weeks. Wake up @ 6 go run on the track and do whatever other stuff need to make the MTC food stay off your body. Then at 6:30 get ready for day. At 7:15 is breakfast. I have a bagel usually or oatmeal then fruit and cottage cheese. Then we have study time in the mornings. 1 hour personal study, then 1 hour companionship study with my water bottle (One time my teacher made me talk to my water bottle because she said to the class, "Talk to your companion," and them she put my water bottle in front of me.
The solo jokes are endless, and even when they're not a joke. I can't tell you how many dirty looks I have gotten from elders, sisters, and even the older couples. It make me so sad sometimes. I don't mean to look disobedient. I didn't choose to not have a companion. But ya, it's whatever because I'll have a companion in 2 weeks. :)),
Then 1 hour language study. Then lunch, which usually consist of some kind of hamburger. They try to get really creative with the names like, "Hawaiian Burger", "Mexican Burger", or "Plain Ole' Buger" or salad. So I usually just get a salad. Then go back to class for 3 hours and learn from the cute Sestra Godfrey. After that we go to Volleyball outside,except the one time I lost a rock, paper, scissors battle to one of the Polish Elders (AKA the Vampires) and we had to go inside and play. Then dinner, which usually consists of deep fried things or salad so I usually get salad. After that I have class for I think another 4 hours with the beautiful Sestra Donaldson and the awesome Bratr Knapp. Then one hour of study. After that we go back to the Res Hall and have an hour then 10:30 lights out. Then repeat.......... pretty much everyday for 9 weeks. (Hayden you're my hero, you 12-weeker.)
Oh some other great things this week. Ha ha, the Slovak elders made a bracket with all the Disney princesses. (I have no idea when they had time for that). But the last two that made it down to was Belle and Rapunzel. I personally have to go with Belle. Also, shout out to Hayden for sending me the lyrics to the Pokemon rap because I tested one of the Polish Elders, and he knew every Pokemon. It was great! I also may get a hair cut here, like maybe 5ish inches. My hair has just turned into this untameable animal and just wants to dread.(Jade don't be so mad at me.) Oh, the new elders and sisters are super awesome and are exposing me to a lot of East Coast, and down south things I never knew. (I still think I will always be a North West girl for life. PNW is the best).
Everyone recycle and read your scriptures this week, and say your prayers!
Love you all!
Sestra Baxter
No comments:
Post a Comment