September 24, 2015 -- "Without the humility of a young 14 year old boy"

So this past week has flown, as has every other week I have been here! Hmm so what has happened since I talked to you last? Well, I have probably learned 5 more words of Czech, forgot 300 words of English, and grew a ton spiritually! 

We are very blessed here at the MTC with wonderful speakers that teach us many wonderful things. The spoken word guy?( something to do with BYUtv I am not totally sure) came and did this thing where he would talk about lyrics of a song then we would sing it. It was very spiritual! We sang "Praise to the Man" and that just got us on the Joseph Smith roll, so that night we were about to choose from movies and me and my companions were all feeling the Joseph Smith movie. We all came out bawling. I thought I would just put in the letter I wrote to my Branch President this week because I don't have a ton of time left:

"Thank you for your reply. It has been wonderful getting to know you more. This past week has been wonderful! I am so blessed to be in a place as great as the MTC! The spirit here is amazing. And I am so grateful I get to feel it everyday, multiple times a day. I thought I would share a thought that has been going through my mind throughout the past week. When I was younger, I had a wonderful testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith. As I grew older, my testimony started to diminish as I would talk to my non-member friends about things I was unaware of. Though I always continued to have faith I started to realize that if I didn't gain a better testimony of Joseph Smith I would not be able to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ effectively, something I held so dear to my heart. This week was a changing point of the diminishing testimony of Joseph Smith. It seemed like Heavenly Father put everything in place to strengthening my testimony of Joseph Smith to a point where I can say that I know Joseph Smith is a prophet of the only true church on the earth today, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Without the humility of a young 14 year old boy, none of the things I hold dear would be possible. Next to God and Jesus Christ, I owe him almost everything I have. I know without him no one would be able to have the keys to gaining Salvation. I am so glad I can be apart of the same cause as he was to bring the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world.

Sestra Baxter"
I challenge you all to read Joseph Smith history if you can. I know if you pray with sincerity of heart you can know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet also by his fruits, The Book of Mormon.

I am so sorry to be that annoying missionary.  But I just love the spirit. Like it is the very best!! I just want everyone to realize how great it is to be alive, how great it is to be renewed, how great it will be to meet our Savior and our Heavenly Father, and how great it will be to become as them.


Thanks for all your love and support. I love to get pictures, though I haven't gotten a ton. 


LOVE YOU ALL

Sestra Baxter


.

No comments:

Post a Comment