FAM FAM FAM
First week down here, it been amazing!! I can't lie to you guys, but as soon as I stopped looking back, I couldn't help but smile my most sincere smile because this is where I am supposed to be. I will miss you guys so much but wow its good to finally say "I am here" and not say " I am going to the Czech/Slovak mission and am speaking Czech and I am leaving August 26."
Thanks for all your letters and love( Earlier this week I was going to send to you guys stop sending "dear elders" because the starsis felt so sad. I was getting five a day. But they all have gotten a letter now so you can keep them coming)!
You guys are the greatest support group. So break it down. . . I got there . You dropped me off, but I seriously couldn't even cry if I wanted to because off the exciting vibes this place gives. FIRST DAY was amazing. I got the cutest companions: Sestra Thriot and Sestra Coons are going to Bulgaria. They are great.
Sestra Thriot is from Coalville and has graduated from BYU. She is short and blond with freckles, in other words, "darling." She is such a Christlike example to me. Sestra Coons is from Arizona. She is great also. She has brown hair and is maybe like an inch or two shorter than me. She also has made it through two years of BYU She is always keeping Sestra Thriot and me in line like knowing the way, places, etc. etc. We always say " Sestra Coons always keeping us in line" :)
Oh my Starsiiiieeees. YAY I spend most my time with them. It is hard to describe my relationship with them because sometimes I am their mom. I read them their letters from girls or their moms out loud (so they get the effect of having a girl read it to them). I separate fights and make sure they all feel loved. Also sometimes I am their big sister and help them decode their letters from girls and give them advice. Sometimes I am their little sister because I am not allowed to be alone. They make sure I make it to class, lunch, and they take me wherever I need to go and are so kind and protective in the process. As hard as it is being a solo sister, I do feel the blessings of being in a room with so many priesthood holders everyday! I also have this teacher Brother Knapp HE IS SO GREAT. Being a solo sister I don't have a companion to work with in class, so I have to work with the teacher.
I have been thinking a lot lately that there were so many things that could have kept me from coming to the Czech Republic. Like I seriously had Taiwan on my papers three different times. Another thing that would stand in the way is I do not learn well with others. I get left behind. I think Heavenly Father truly knew I needed one on one instruction to learn this language and hence made me a solo sister.
I LOVE VENDEE my investigator. She is so patient with me! Brother Knapp said that she didn't feel loved after we taught her once. I bawled hysterically for such a long time thinking I offended her. Yeah, I have cried quite a bit, but then remember, this is the best place on earth I could be. I feel the overwhelming gratefulness that this is finally happening.
I love my zone, too. I am running out of time. I also love this temple. I love Jesus for sure! Oh, I need MY CAMERA, that bag, and I hope it has a card reader in it. Jade and alana hayden thanks for all your letters. I'll write you next week. bryso love you dude stay away from girl i'm sorry i told you otherwise. love you. mom and dad you are the best. Elder oaks talked i love him,way good spirit. Watch character of christ. I'm out.
Love you.
Sestra Baxter
No comments:
Post a Comment