Is everyone having the best week ever? -- January 30, 2017

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Ahojte

Is everyone having the best week ever? I hope so. We have had a great day. I
am just really trying to get my hands to work for me to type this, but it is pretty chilly. No fear, though. I have good gloves. 

So missionary work has been a little sad this week because our investigator Jakub---who said the most beautiful prayer at the beginning of the lesson, and who does all of the commitments we give him---dropped us, and said he hasn't found the right faith. We were way caught off guard for that! After that, we met with our dearest investigator Emma and her son who is a member, Gabriel, and figured out they are moving to Plzen on the other side of the Czech Republic. we all cried but will be continuing to meet with missionaries. It was way sad. But on the flip side, we met with our investigator Solomon from Ghana and talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and he loved it and said he would start applying it in his life and is also praying for the the correct date to be baptized by someone holding the proper authority of God. So that's pretty wonderful.



I would like to testify that God know us individually because here is a story and another story as well. On Thursday, I kind of had a bad mood which was literally the weirdest like to be totally honest that is not normal. So we went outside to contact, and I tried to be as happy as possible and just smile so big and then we were in a hurry to go to this less-active's house, and we said "Good Day" to this lady. She totally turned around and thanked us for being here, thanked us for saying hi, thanked us for smiling, and then gave us hugs. Wow. I like way felt the spirit during that whole thing, and I feel like she was truly being an instrument in the hand of God at that time. I would also like to testify of that same principle because on Sunday, we were inside pretty much all day. Poor
Sestra Peterson got pretty destroyed at sports day, and so Sestra Pohořelicka advised that she should stay in. So I started calling, texting, finding, everyone possible. So I was calling some people that have been giving their business cards to missionaries and this one lady picked up and explained why it was such an awful time to call because she was busy, and her friend on Saturday had just passed away. In return, I tried to explain to her how is wasn't such an awful time to call but was truly timing from God because we know why we are here and where each of us goes after this life. I also said we are truly called by God to share what we know. So we would like to meet! I was pretty darn super. I am going to miss this calling so much. 

Besides that, they are making quite a few changes to the missionary schedule.
For example: we plan in the morning; we can choose when we have companionship study. Lunch is 30 minutes and other things. It's like pretty different, but I think it will just take some time to get used to. I also will be able to catch up in my journal because we don't plan at 9 so that is pretty happy. If there is anything I can do for anyone you can let me know. Love you all!  Stay way warm!

And a reminder to read your Book of Morman because it is written.... "I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.”




-- 
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mindThou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.... because if you will do this you will want to save the trees and pray always.
S Laskou,
Sestra Baxter
Pardubice, Česká Republika 

No comments:

Post a Comment