"I have come to terms" -- 16 Jan 2016

Wow, this is the last 9 weeks I will be serving on my mission here--for the time being. I am sorry for the avoided replies about my return date. I am not totally sure of the date, but it will be around 9 weeks from now. Instead of feeling a sadness like before, it is now more like a motivating thing. Like I only have 9 weeks to help my precious Czechians. 

There is a quote called I am part of the Fellowship of the Unashamed.

The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line.
The decision has been made. I am a disciple of
Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down,
back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present
makes sense, and my future is secure.
I am finished and done with low living, sight walking,
small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams,
chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals.
 I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position,
promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I now live by
presence, learn by faith, love by patience,
lift by prayer, and labor by power. My pace
is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my
road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few,
my Guide reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought,
compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back,
diluted, or delayed.
 I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the
presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy,
ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander
in the maze of mediocrity.
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go until
Heaven returns, give until I drop, preach until all know,
and work until He comes. And when He comes to get
His own, He will have no problem recognizing me.
My colors will be clear.

This is just how I would love to do these last moments I have -- and the rest of my life. 



I am so blessed to have had this time to become a disciple of Jesus Christ and serve Him. I know seriously everyday we get chances to choose whether or not we are going to be a disciple of Jesus Christ or not. I have also realized there is always something better that we can do, to commit to follow Him. Let us not be satisfied in mediocrity. If we are humble and ready to listen, we have the ultimate opportunity to get advice from a divine being, the creators of this world. Oh how I love them. But oh how they love us! 

Thinking of one of my very greatest of blessings from our Father in Heaven: I am so blessed to have received such a light in Sestra Peterson. She is so wonderful and whenever she testifies to people on the street, it is way powerful! I couldn't think of a better way to end them with a zelenačka ("greenie ") with so much faith! By the way here is some information about her: she is from Layton Utah; she likes to play soccer a ton; she has three other brothers; and
she is way excited to serve. Also another random fact: I have already served
with 
all the Elders that are in our district, and two of the elders I started with in the MTC. They are way good missionaries and way inspiring so this transfer is set up to be the best, I think.





This week we were able to teach one of our members' mom. Her name is Emma. They are both from Romania, but due to not being able to find many jobs there, they ended up moving here. Gabriel and her son, 24, met the sister missionaries last year. We have met with him quite a bit because lots of people here speak Romanian. Shortly after he was baptized, he became a translator at his work. He said after he was baptized, he just learned Czech really quickly, Now his mom is meeting with us. His dad is also meeting with the missionaries in Romania. And we have met with some of his friends he felt are ready. Literally, he is such the missionary! I hope I can be like him.  




I seriously love you all, and hope that you can all start to come closer to God and understand the role of his Son on our behalf, then be able to listen to the Holy Ghost to comfirm that which is true. Because Paul says it pretty well ... Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

dobrou...

Sestra Baxter
 Pardubice, Česka Republika 








No comments:

Post a Comment