"No Cau hezky svátek (Ciao, Happy Holiday)" -- October 31, 2016

The Prague Train Station
Ahoj. So I am so sorry I haven't been a diligent email writer this last while. Hey, maybe that just means I am being a newly diligent missionary? Haha. I am not sure, but I still do write my parents every week, and my dad has sent me some screenshots of my blog. I think he updates that every week. So, if you are having a hard time understanding my English and want an edited version with quotation marks and other symbols which I cant find on Czech computer keyboards, you can check it out. I think it is http://sestrabaxter.blogspot.com. I also have no idea what is put up so you will know more about my blog than I do . . .but anyways.

This week hezky svátek všichni! Happy Halloween. This week was better than fantastic. We were in Prague for training with all the Prague and Hradec Kralové zone. President and Sestra Pohořelický trained, which is always the best. I have never been as reassured many times by the spirit that they are exactly what this mission needs. Awesome elders from Slovakia came up to train at it because one of then served in Prague as assistant and it was his last conference. Slovak missionaries are awesome. I secretly wish I will get transferred to Slovakia. The three times I have been there it is always so pretty, and I love the Slovak language. But we will see. But also the Assistants trained.  They are a power team. Also Sister Manners and I trained on the last page of

Sister Manners & Sister Baxter
PMG (Preach My Gospel).  It was pretty clever. Sister Manners is one of the cleverest people I know. I have learned soooo much from her and seriously can't believe in a week this transfer will be over. She has truly become one of my greatest friends. 

Also, we had exchanges in Mlada Boleslav, a cute little Czech town kind of on the outskirts of Prague.  It is the home of Škoda the car company of the Czech Republic. We were with Sestra Cade and Sestra Harrington a 4 transfer missionary and a 1st transfer missionary. But forget about those numbers. They are doing so well no matter how young they are in the mission! I was able to be with the sweet Sestra Cade. Though she feels like training is above her head, she takes everything that is thrown at them and can turn it into happiness. I loved learning from her, seeing how she loves the people so much and Sestra Harrington.

Our next exchange was with Liberec, the day after. Though I didn't go back to my sweet forest home, my little Sestra Huylar and I were united again in her birth place of Pardubice. Sestra Manners and Witzel went up north. Sestra Huylar and I have decided that we were twins when we were born in Heaven, but got split up here on earth.  Then on the mission we found each other, haha. So she is really doing so good but has been going through a difficult time through this transfer. But she has just been learning to rely on the Lord so much. We had a lesson with an investigator that she taught when she was here. I kind of let her take hold of the lesson and everything. She did wonderful. The Spirit didn't leave the lesson the whole way through. Though that investigator still isn't ready to accept the gospel, she showed such hope and faith. After the lesson she said, "I know he will accept the gospel someday, but today is still not the day." She has grown soooo much! Speaking of which, an investigator that Sestra Huylar and I found in Liberec was just baptized this past week. Heavenly Father is in the work!

We also were able to be in our area together this past week what? ahah On our way to campus to visit Desmond we stopped this man named George he is from Ghana as well and this is first week in the Czech Republic going to school.  Not even  1 minute in to the contact literally asked us when and where he can go to church. He said he asked his Czech roommates where he could go to church they said they had no idea... surprise surprise and we invite him exchanged number and he came travel the almost 1 hour it take to get there stayed all three hours took notes in all three meetings and came and ate lunch at the Holtovis house with us. It was the biggest miracle. 

Also things with Desmond are looking much brighter, as well. We have met with him twice this past week and are going to start getting him rides to church with the Novotny family. He just has gotten really busy with school and work things, but still has the desire to be baptized. Also during his lesson we starting talking to his friend named Justice from Ghana and we gave him a Book of Morman. He said he will start reading it and maybe we can meet this week. So happy.

Also for some service this week, we were able to go crack some walnuts for our english student on the outskirts of Pardubice. Whenever I have done service for any Czech, I feel like I get the better half of the deal. Jan, our English student, his mom made the most wonderful Czech food with apple and sauce and cinnamon and this crust it was just two steps up from apple pie. I can't even explain how good it was. Wow, I love to work and to do service. Especially if people will tell stories and historical facts and talk about their lives, it is beautiful. It's like heaven. Jan and his mom are such great people. Sometimes I have the fear that I won't get to know all the wonderful people on this earth because there are just so many to know. But I know God's plan is perfect, and I hope in my heart I will and I know it is helping that I am serving in the Czech Republic. Truly I feel I am meeting all the people Heavenly Father needs me to meet, and they are really changing my life. 





-- 
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mindThou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.... because if you will do this you will want to save the trees and pray always.
S Laskou,
Sestra Baxter

No comments:

Post a Comment