"Transfer call once again" -- November 7, 2016

Sestra Baxter sent this link to a YouTube video of a talent show at their branch.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NTYfMnkuKg

Sestra Baxter said, she couldn't watch the video, but you could.  If you want to go directly to portions with Sestra Baxter, look at minute markers 18:30 and 28:00


* * *



Transfer call once again......... And I am staying in Pardubice with Sister Cade, and we will be the sister training leaders for the Hradec Kralove and Praha Zone. I am so thankful that I can serve this transfer with Sister Cade. She will be such a good leader and example for these sisters, though she is not much younger than me in the mission. I am so happy to be serving with a younger missionary again. They have so much fire and love-zeal. I am also so thankful I can be among and serve the sweet sisters again this transfer and am looking forward to the new things I can learn from them or maybe be able to apply past mission experiences. Crazy to think this is my 7th transfer?? Jak ten čas týka!  It is also great we can be with such a wonderful and strong ward another transfer and also that I can work in such a great hopping area. We found 9 new investigators last week! Pardubice is on fire!

Some things that went one the last week of the transfer?

I went to Ostrava on exchanges with Sister Morgan. She is so precious and has such a sweet heart. She knows that places and was dragging me on trains to trams to buses. We were able to do some solid contacting, teach some bomb lessons, find some new investigators, and visit with some wonderful less-active members--one that I might drive down to St. George in the future if she comes to America.  

The Starsis were contacting here in Pardubice with us and met this man named R____. He just got out of prison and wants to feel that his past is behind him and really feels like he need to be baptized again, even if he was baptized when he was a baby. For some reasons he can not be in Hradec Kralove for two years, but we put his date two years from now, and he is willing to do whatever it takes to follow Jesus Christ. It is really humbling.

We had a wonderful lesson with yet another man from Ghana named B__. We talked about God because he was already a believer. We talked about how He leads and guides our lives. It was so comforting to hime that others agree and can feel his influence as well. He randomly asked if we believed there was a living prophet, and he got so so happy when we joyfully said, "Yes." He is down to come to church every week in Hradec Kralove and shines the Light of Christ. 

In contrast we had a lesson with yet another man from Ghana named J______. He also brought his girlfriend named M______. For the first 10 minutes of the lesson, he told us why the Book of Mormon is wrong and that God only has one book. "The Bible, the Bible; he has his Bible." He wouldn't even let us explain where it came from.  And as we were explaining, he and M______ would throw out things like,  "Why is this prophet's name this?" "Why did Joseph Smith write this book?" Literally, we could only start saying two words. The wonderful spirit we had in B__'s lesson was totally gone... We were wanting to share 2 Nephi 29 so bad with him, but we needed to go to another lesson. We invited him to pray about it and ask God. We hope that he will, but he kind of still seemed on the fighting side. I just know that we really can't have contention. If the spirit is going to be there, we need to be willing to learn ,as well as others. When we are humble, it will be there with us. 

So this last Sunday was so special because we had Stake Conference--first one yet! Why am I so lucky ja nevim? But I got to see my greatest friends: friends Trebic, friends from Brno, friends from Jihlava, friends from Liberec, and friends from Pardubice and Hradec Kralove! Like my joy is so full every time I see them. Also I couldn't help but crying seeing the sweet little children singing in Czech a song I-can't-even-remember-the-name-in-English. I love this place so much!
Until next week so much love I send in this email....

-- 
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mindThou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.... because if you will do this you will want to save the trees and pray always.
S Laskou,
Sestra Baxter

No comments:

Post a Comment