"What more could I want right now?" -- November 22, 2016

This last week has been amazing and spiritual. I love Pardubice more and more. I love these people and everything. One of the best parts of last week was being with our mission President and his wife and a President Sabin and Sister Sabin, a member of the seventy, and the missionaries. I feel that whenever we have trainings they are so perfectly timed by God. Not only did I need to hear their words, but all the sisters and all the missionaries in general. I could never thank them enough for this three year period where they have given their lives to the Lord. I read something in the Liahona that I 100 percent agree with. Ezra Taft Benson said:

 “Men and women who turn their lives over to God will discover that He can make a lot more out of their lives than they can. He will deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, strengthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, raise up friends, and pour out peace.” 

I know you will see these blessings as you serve the Lord and it applies to all of us when ever we are in the Lord service.

One thing that I loved to hear at conference was that "people need time." It might take them 7 or 8 contacts with the missionaries or member friends before people will even listen to us. How blessed are we to be even one of the times. Every person we talk to is one step closer to their conversion. How special is that! Sometimes I think about what if my companion and I weren't here and they didn't talk to missionaries till like 10 years after? They would be so behind in their conversion process. Even though people are not flocking to us, I truly believe no effort is wasted. Sister Sabin talked about her mission she served in Taiwan and said she is overwhelmed how many people have to decided to follow Chirst since she has been there.

An amazing experience we had this last week is we were weekly planning and we wanted to find some less-actives to teach. So we called some on the phone, and it wasn't too long until we came upon the H___ family. They set up a time we could meet. And on Wednesday we were able to meet and talk. The dad was from Kentucky, and the wife was Czech. They are so awesome, but kind of just got lost along the way with work and things. So we are meeting with them every week, and they are starting their way on the path to the temple. It is so happy!! 

One of the other happy things was today I got some news from K______ who Sestra Huylar and I met in Liberec. She said:

  "I just wanted to inform you that I got baptized yesterday and it was amazing. Thank you for helping me on this journey towards God and Jesus. I already know it is very important decision I made in my life. And I am soo happy you could be part of that. I am soo thankful for that day we met at the post office, that day changed my life." 

Ti jo. What more could I want right now?😊 I hope we can have such a wonderful week full of gratitude.  

-- 
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mindThou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.... because if you will do this you will want to save the trees and pray always.
S Laskou,
Sestra Baxter

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful to hear about your missionary journey and the work you are doing and the people you are impacting. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete