* * *
Sister Heap just arrived in Jihlava! Wow, I am so excited for this next transfer. I was hoping I was being put with a younger missionary, but I understood if the Lord wanted me to wait and learn a little longer from a older missionary. But I am so glad, and I know this transfer will not be easy, but I truly believe Sister Heap and I if we do our part. We can and will have a lot of success this transfer because I know the Lord's elect are prepared, and it is our job and calling to find them. Thanks for your trust, and I will try to work my very hardest so that the Lord and you will be proud with our efforts.
Thankfully we have a great start because we have two wonderful people who have accepted a baptismal date. Veronika is pretty well. She is our most solid investigator at this time. If we ask her to do something she will always do it. With excepting to coming to church this Sunday which as so sad without her there. Our next lesson is tomorrow on the Word of Wisdom and Sister Holland will be there along with a member Ondra Dite.
Niki is the other investigator we have with a baptismal date. We got things for him in Bulgarian at training, so he will be able to understand better what we are teaching him even though his Czech is wonderful. Again, our problem is getting him to come to church. He always says he will come, then the morning of will text us he can't come.
Slavomir is our other investigator closest to a baptismal date. Our next lesson will be on Plan of Salvation. We think this lesson will really help him and his way of thinking. He also always say he is coming to church and the backs out last minute. (I feel like that girl in PMG videos: "Just come to church!!")
Thankfully we have a great start because we have two wonderful people who have accepted a baptismal date. Veronika is pretty well. She is our most solid investigator at this time. If we ask her to do something she will always do it. With excepting to coming to church this Sunday which as so sad without her there. Our next lesson is tomorrow on the Word of Wisdom and Sister Holland will be there along with a member Ondra Dite.
Niki is the other investigator we have with a baptismal date. We got things for him in Bulgarian at training, so he will be able to understand better what we are teaching him even though his Czech is wonderful. Again, our problem is getting him to come to church. He always says he will come, then the morning of will text us he can't come.
Slavomir is our other investigator closest to a baptismal date. Our next lesson will be on Plan of Salvation. We think this lesson will really help him and his way of thinking. He also always say he is coming to church and the backs out last minute. (I feel like that girl in PMG videos: "Just come to church!!")
Michal our less-active did come to church ,which was really exciting though. He listened to Sestra Holland's last talk in the Czech Republic and really enjoyed it I thought. Hopefully it will be a constant thing now. I have faith.
Other big news is, if you see the picture of us bowling (Which I was wondering if that was kosher to do as a missionary on p-day. I guess it is because) that is our soon to be new mission president and his wife and her mom. Which we had no idea at the time. They are my favorites, and the strongest members in the Czech Republic. Jan the guy in the picture baptized his wife, her family, his family, and now they have a SOLID branch in Trebic. I am so thankful for the things that have happened in order to make this change and feel honored to see what will happen in years to come. I know that he is supposed to be our next mission President and will totally change the Czech Republic for the better just as President McConkie has. (Also when I wrote about my life long dream to serve in Trebic, I think it just got a little closer because Jan has wanted sisters there since they have became a branch.) Another random thought--I think I will change my first name to "sister" when I get back home.
Save the Trees and Pray Always
Sestra Baxter
No comments:
Post a Comment