February 1, 2016 -- "My Slovak could use some work."

Wow I can't believe it is already another week. My mission is just flying by. I am so grateful for the time I have here. I really can't not put into words how much the mission has already changed my mindset, feeling towards others, and just my life in general. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!  


This week we went on a exchange to Slovakia to Bratislava to be exact. Wow, Slovak is such a different lanuage and is so soft compared to Czech. I almost wish I could send of video of how different they are. But I would talk to people they looked at me so funny speaking my Czech/ American girl accent. 


We also have had some awesome lessons this week with, Veronika, Michal, Sestra Daskova, and great people on the streets. I think the one who is closest to baptism is Veronika. We had a lesson with her and Sestra Jakobiova. It was a lesson on the Plan of Salvation. Sestra Jakobiova is one of the greatest members to teach with. She and Veronika are like best friends now. I am starting to see how key members are in lessons because they know what we are teaching and how to put it into Czech words when we have no idea how to say things, or sometimes when we say things really bold they are a really nice pillow to soften things out. 

I have learned this week how important it is always to testify of Jesus Christ because that is where my testimony is strongest and that is where the Spirit is

strongest. The whole reason people serve missions is because Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world and through Him we can be made new creatures.  He is not only the Savior for me but for you and every single person that has been on this earth, is on this earth, and will be on this earth. I have been reading in the Gospels in the Bible, and I know "He has risen as he said." He is living. I know that through the Holy Ghost. This is his Chruch on the earth today. It is not Mormons church. It is not Joseph Smith's church. It is not Thomas S. Monson's Church, but it is His church, the Church of Jesus Christ. I am beyond grateful that I could be one of his servants and try my very best to proclaim his name. 

Sestra Baxter

--
Save the Trees and Pray Always
You know me!


No comments:

Post a Comment