This week we talked to this kid who has problems with his hearing. He's been praying that God would help him, and after he felt like God didn't answer his prayers he stopped praying and believing. We also talked to a father who was walking a new born baby in a stroller. He said he was satisfied with his life. We talked to a older man whose wife died, and he said he just couldn't believe there was life after this life. We talked to a mother with a son who said they would be interested in a building tour on a another day. We also talked to a younger boy who didn't beileve but is interested with what we believe. We talked to a ton of people, but I can not think of one of these people who couldn't use the gospel. Whether it but someone who is content with their life or someone who can't even stand living with themselves. I hope that the numbers of people we talked to will desire to know how they can be better through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
It is so great, and this week literally has taking a 180 degree turn with the Czech language I had a interview with my mission president and asked him how he thought I could improve. He said, "Speak Czech." My first thought was that's not fair. I am a slow learner at everything. But this week I really tried only speaking Czech and actually spoke 100 hours of Czech this week! I can not begin to tell you how real the gift of touges is. I was able to explain the gospel, hold conversations, and just SPEAK CZECH! It was the best! If we will do ALL we can to become better, he will bless us with what we need and make up for our weakness.
I say this every single time. But when you put all you have done in your life put your whole self on the table and let him decide who you need to become, where you need to go, how you need to live, even who you need to be with 24/7, He will make you better than you could ever make yourself and I plead with you if you are thinking of going on a mission take a step of faith and trust that he truly knows what's best for you. My mission is NOTHING what I thought it would be (besides teaching the Gospel), but it is the best because the Lord know the best always! I can't begin to say the things I have learned, the people i've seen blessed, the people I love in the MTC, Washington, and Czech.
--
Save the Trees and Pray Always
Sestra Baxter
No comments:
Post a Comment