This week the Czech Republic is changing for the good, and I feel honored I can be here and a part of it. This Saturday all the members of the Czech Republic and missionaries will be meeting in Prague and President Uchtdorf is coming. Everyone knows it's to organize a stake but I don't know if I am supposed to say, but that's that. Like I can already feel the excitement in everyone here and hope it will really hasten the work here. Also I am here in Liberec. It is very treey and mountainous (Czech mountainous) which is very pleasing to my soul. Another thing that is pleasing to my soul is there are so many people we can talk to. It's got to be like 12 times the size of Jihlava. I love talking with humans specifically Czechs, and Asians when I see them. Another thing is I am with Sister Cyrier. She has been out 2 months but is doing a wonderful job getting us around such a big area. She has such a big heart and is sooo kind and has a wonderful sense of humor (I think I have lost mine) so she will be so great.
Last Tuesday we visited like 4 members which I feel like is unheard of--even when I was serving in Washington. They are so supportive and I think will really help us in the work here. We don't have a lot of investigators but we are working on it.
On Saturday we went service tracting. We met up around 8 with the Starsis, ended up missing our bus, and we weren't able to go tracting where we wanted. But we went to this other place and like asking the 4th person this mother with a little baby said they really needed some help if we wanted to. Before we started working they asked if we wanted lunch or something. So kind. We said "no." We just wanted to work! Sister Cyrier and I evened and raked out where they were going to put in lawn and shoveled up rocks, and the Starsis pulled out trees. I LOVE TO WORK.. Like wow. Like I think I got some of my blisters back on my hands. Sooo happy! After that they still made us lunch and the husband explained how they got up this morning at 6 and worked on their yard. His wife just took a nap for 30 mins and just woke up when we came by. She was done with it, and he was so tired and though they both are religious, this morning they both prayed that they would get the stuff done they needed. Whether that was help or somehow doing it by theirselves. Wow. The Lord just knows how this need to play out. It's soo happy!
Yesterday after I talked to my fav mother and fam, we went tracting. It was for sure one of the most sucessful tracting I have done. We talked with this family
who was really so wonderful. They thought the principles of the gospel weren't totally needed. But they said they would want to meet, and we could come by again. Also, we tracted into the cutest couple. They were soooo kind, invited us into their backyard, and gave us cake and flavored water. They are so ready and both commited to reading the BOM.
--
| Germany and Poland in the distance |
No comments:
Post a Comment