Okay. Well it is official: the Prague Stake. I get chills every time I hear that. It's so beautiful. It is one of the happiest times that the Czech Republic has ever
had! Like Elder Collins, an elder serving with me in Liberec said, "I wonder what I did to get to be apart of this?" I feel beyond lucky and blessed to be here at such a special time. I love these people. The Czech have become of my greatest friends and loved family. Seeing people from Jihlava, Trebic, and now Liberec all in one place united along with an Apostle of the Lord was truly humbling. I along with everyone in the room felt the spirit of when the members of the new wards would stand up, raise their right hand, and after they sat down they were a ward. So powerful! That was only a few minutes but that represents countless hours of working, prayers, and miracles from the Lord. Once again I feel honored I can be here at such a beautiful time for my family and friends of the Czech Republic.
So ya, President Uchtorf though... So wonderful to hear his voice. I was even
wearing my glasses so I could see him. He, wow, it was amazing. Though it wasn't his planned-out conference talks, he talked by the spirit--no notes, and he talked to me. He talked concerning faith. He explained one analogy with the seer stone that Joseph Smith used to translate the plates. A lot of people question and think that is weird. He said if human beings make things that can call people half way around the world, listen to music, do all sorts of things--God which we believe in, the almighty, the all knowing, the same God that parted seas, performed miracles in the Old testament, New testament, Pearl of Great Price, and the Book of Mormon, can help his servant Joseph use a stone to translate the Book of Mormon.
He invited us to follow scriptures of counsel from the Lord: Ask and Ye shall receive. This morning I studied countless times the Lord asks us to ask.
DC 9:7 say Behold, you have not understood; you have supposed that I would give it unto you, when you took no thought save it was to ask me.
1 Nephi 15:11 Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?—If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall😊 be made known unto you.
2 Nephi 4:35 Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee
Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
4 Wherefore, now after I have spoken these words, if ye cannot understand them it will be because ye ask not, neither do ye knock; wherefore, ye are not brought into the light, but must perish in the dark.
Everything in the Gospel may not be very easy to understand but the Lord doesn't want us to be lost in the darkness. He has invited us on multiple occasions to ask. I challenge if you have a question about the gospel or anything in your life to get on your knees, come into the light, and become one with the will of your Heavenly Father.
(Also very important . . . my companion and I were standing in the halls by ourselves and President Uchtorf walked by and said "Hello Sisters." I don't think we could make out word to say back to him. Literally, he is like a celebrity with the spirit. So it like the coolest. We are such fan girls.)
Also...
This last week was a finding week, a calling week, and a realizing that some
people that are around us are ready to hear the Gospel week. For example, in English and Bible study class. We met up with one of our English students ˇHonza and had Sister Hanzlová about something he read on our website about serving others. He said he has focused on himself most of his life but would like to see if maybe his life would improve. We together thought of some things that he could maybe try and see if it works. Members are always key! Literally I feel like members are ten times better than the missionaries sometimes. Sister Hanzlova is like unreal. That whole family, like, they came straight from heaven!
We also had one of the men that comes to bible class tag along for conference on Sunday. He is really awesome. He also asked "is it just an American thing that everyone is so close and friendly here or is that just your church?" We explained that is a Christ Church Wide thing. He also thought it was a pretty powerful conference. We have some wonderful lessons coming up next week. So excited to tell you about them. Got to run already. Have a great week!
--
Save the Trees and Pray Always
Sestra Baxter| From our apartment window. Also jested. We hike to the top |
| I am officially "Czech" with the pants. Also the only way to look legit service tracking. CZECH PANTTSSS. |
No comments:
Post a Comment