April 26, 2016 -- "Jihlava, though."

I really love these people, and it is one of the best oppoitunities I have to be amongst of some of the greatest people in the world! I love these people; I love the members here. I am so thankful for everything that has happened in the past so the Church of Jesus Christ might be established among these people in the Czech Republic. Durning our last training we learned how much this country had to go through so they could have the gospel! 


We had so many miracles happen this week! One miracle that hasn''t happened in my whole life of being a missionary!!! Sister Heap and I saw 1 brother and 3 of our sisters come to church and partake of the sacrament and feel of the spirit in the Church of Christ. I am still like WOW! Two of those being our investigators Honza and Jana a young couple who we found the week before . When we met them, Jana was running and Honza was riding on a scooter beside her. We met with them on Saturday. They are both not believers , but already Sister Heap and I have watched a change in their hearts: committing to read the Book of Mormon, coming to church, and praying for their first times! Another investigator is named Stasiova. She is a middle-aged women and said she felt at home there ! Another investigator was Maria, a former investigator that is so sweet and kind, and we love to have her at church with us. The Branch loves her! Church is soooooo much better when you have you friends and family around you!



 A lot of times emails I get from home are so "homey" sounding. But it is also kind of weird because I consider so many places on Earth my home. Like if someone emailed me about Elma, Washington it would sound so homey, or anytime time I talk to my roommates I had in Dixie. I have really felt like this little european town of Jihlava has become my home. And as funny as it sounds, my heart is torn! I am so sad that I will being leaving, and like all of the other wonderful places and homes I have left, I am leaving people I love.  Maybe even a little bit more sad because I have been able to serve these people. That has been my whole purpose since I got here 5 months ago. But I trust the Lord will still work amongst these people and that miracles will still happen! 

-- 
Save the Trees and Pray Always
Sestra Baxter

No comments:

Post a Comment