April 11, 2016 -- "He is always showing me that the impossible is clearly possible."

Twenty years ago I was born. (But really I don't even know, because one time my parents said I was born on April 10th? And the time is different here, in American and in Taiwan.) But I left my Heavenly Father presence around twenty years ago. What a wonderful twenty years it has been living among some of the greatest people in the world! I am so thankful for the people that have been in my life--whether I have lived with you, worked with you, went to school with you, traveled with you, served in the mission with you. 


I am one of the most imperfect human beings, but you have been so patient and kind with me. I am working on becoming more like my Savior Jesus Christ everyday, and though I can study and read about him, it is through your kindness and brightness that I am able to see what he would do if he were living on the earth today!  If I could have a birthday wish it would be that you all come to know the Savior. That you seek for Him, and that you never stop seeking for Him! Through Him we can do anything, overcome anything, be anything. The Lord knows you better than you know yourself, and He knows what you need to do right now. All we need is to ask. 



Okay there is my thing/birthday wish...  Also you can read this...  https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04/tomorrow-the-lord-will-do-wonders-among-you?lang=eng

We had so many lesson set up last week with wonderful people, with a lot of potential, but almost everyone of them fell through. 

With that being said we had so many wonderful experiences this past week. For example we unknowingly found one of our investigator's apartment. He has not been answering our calls. We never got the chance to give him a Book of Morman, so we ended up being able to give him one, and also to invite him to general conference.  I remember the week before saying "I just wish we knew where all our investigators lived."  And that wish didn't end there because last week we made some tracting letters and had plans to put the letters in multiple places, but it worked out that we could only put them in these poniloks to work best with our schedule. When we went back yesterday, we tracted almost everyone, but the last few people. After getting "nes" for a long time, two of our investigators, Ondra (Andrew) and Petra (Ondra's girlfriend) came running down. Ondra said that his mom said missionaries called on the zvonech and they said "that they might be our friends." It was so good to see them after they kept having to cancel because of end-of-school tests and other things. But now we know where two of our investigator live.

We got a new investigator named Petra. She is married and has a sweet baby boy. We also know where she lives because we tracted into her. She is so kind and loving. We shared the first message with her about the Restoration. We tried
to really do HTBT points so we can set good expectations. She thought it was possible that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ and committed to reading in the Book of Mormon. She said that she and her family might be moving in a while. That made us really sad, but then she said she would give us her other address. We looked on the map and its closer to our apartment! All the better!


We also contacted this father who had a stroller. Then his wife walked out, and we realized we have talked to her many times. They had just missed their bus, so they said we could walk around and talk. It was wonderful. We got to know about their family, if their parents were believers. We talked about our family. They said that they were probably just going to end up walking home, so we walked with them for a bit, and then asked if they could meet on another day so we could share a message that has blessed our families! They said they would be interested and we exchanged telephone numbers.

I have to admit, I didn't really think finding families who were interested was possible from past experiences ,and because they already have a part of heaven on earth. But thanks to the Lord, He is always showing me that the impossible is clearly possible.

--
Every tree, every mountain, every bird in the air, testifies of our Heavenly Fathers power. By appreciating nature and treating the earth with respect, we show the Lord our gratitude for everything he has given us. - Ensign

Sestra Baxter


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, sister. BTW, nice blog. :-) I'm very thankfull, that I met you.

    Luboš(An occasional visitor to your English courses in Jihlava.)

    ReplyDelete