Let's just start out with, "I am so thankful." Like my heart is overflowing with
| "The Last Supper" |
Some of the missionaries ask what is like having to go. I say "Like torture." Because you are like so torn in between two worlds, two peoples, two lifestyles. I think I will be able to say this Wednesday will be the hardest day of my mission.
But on the other hand, it was so so so wonderful looking back on the setting apart blessing I received and to see every blessing fulfilled. I just couldn't help but cry realizing how merciful God has been to me. I truly felt like D & C 84:88 has been what I have felt on the mission.
And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also,
for I will go before your face.
I will be on your right hand and on your left,
and my Spirit shall be in your ¨
hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.
I have witnessed so many miracles I could never ever deny the existence of God. I know He is there. I know He just waits till we let Him take control and that is when we start to see success, that is when we feel that pure joy, and that is when you understand the great and beautiful plan of our loving Father in Heaven.
I know that our Redeemer lives and that is how I feel God's great love for everyone. Jesus Christ did something that we could never do for ourselves. I know change is a possible thing. I think back to Tim Brown and Kiki. They are so different. Even I truly feel like a totally different person. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is real; it works; and it is made specifically for us. It's the connecting factor to God, family, friends, nature, anything. It has been the utmost honor wearing Christ's name physically on my heart. And I know it will always be there spiritually.
I am so thankful I can be a missionary forever and feel the spirit forever like my mom wrote me today. I feel like this last month I have already received more revelation for investigators in the future. Wow! I just love everyone. My dad said my heart can stretch enough to hold that love for the people here and everyone who has been a part of my life before that.
I guess I will see you soon. I can't even believe it, and I am so excited (:
--
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself...
S Láskou,
Sestra Baxter
Sestra Baxter returns home from her mission
Thursday, March 16, 2017.
Her homecoming will be at the Paradise 4th Ward Chapel,in Paradise, Utah
on March 26, 2017 at 11:00 am.
Wish we could be there to welcome you home. Your blog posts have been so uplifting and inspirational. You are a treasure. Have a great party. Love you, John & Eve, Buster and Tina
ReplyDelete