Don't Procrastinate the Day you Fix your Tooth -- 20 February 2017

Beloved Souls, 

Today is such a great day? Is is not? I am just really happy to be alive. Today we have wonderful overcast skies, and it is great lighting. 



We had exchanges this week.  That is something I have truly missed this transfer. Sisters in this mission, though. They are just too good. I was able to be in Prague with Sister Cade like the olden days when we were together. We had a plan to visit this awesome less-active family right after our exchanges, so we just traveled around Prague with all my stuff. Haha. It was so fun though! 

When I say "traveled around" Prague that means most likely by the means of the Metro because that is the best and most effective source of transportation. We love Metro contacting! Seriously you never ever know what kind of soul will be on the metro. We talked to moms, dads, children, people from every part of the world! And when you talk to them about subjects such as God and Jesus, it always makes it ten times more interesting. We had quite some successes. I think we were also really stoked to work really hard and fulfill our calling by talking to everyone. 

We met with that family after a little bit of getting lost in Prague, and it was so wonderful. I have heard about this member family a lot from the sisters when I called in with them and from Sestra Manners who helped prepared them for baptism. We talked about being prepared and challenged them to start preparing for the temple. They truly have a desire for that, so it could not have been happier. 

Well along with this exchange, we were in the office getting ready to drive to this member's with all the missionaries when a Starsi from my MTC group, Starsi Hymas, gives us a Snickers bars. I was eating it when I felt that my fake tooth was no longer in! I was like, "Nooo!" Hahahahhahahahhahah. I ran into the bathroom and Sister Cade followed me. Thankfully Preizdent's office was like two feet away.  So we talked to him, haha, and laughed of course. I held my hand over my face, so no one could see me. Then they were like, "Okay we will try to get you appointment tomorrow. I was like, "What?!?  We have to go to this members house to eat with all the missionaries." Prezident told me I didn't have to go and it would probably be best if I didn't. But I was like, "Well I still want to go." So we went with the 9 other missionaries in Prague to this member's home, and I just kept my mouth shut the whole time and did my "smile with no teeth." It was so funny. 

Like the funniest experience even going on the metro home. I was trying to talk to people while covering the empty tooth space with my finger. Thankfully the next day we found a great place and got it fixed. So there is actually a moral to the story. Earlier, I had noticed my tooth was starting to fall out.  So I told Sestra Pohořelická and she said okay go to this place in Pardubice.  But like that was the last thing I and Sestra Peterson wanted to do.  Hence, "Dont procrastinate the day you get your tooth fixed."

Solomon. He came to Church! Yay! He liked it a lot. He said it was a little different than back in Ghana where preachers usually give sermons. The coolest part about it was we had Stake Conference! He said he liked all the talks even though he couldn't really understand all that much because the translator wasn't working very good. He said the last speaker at sacrament meeting really seemed like he had a lot of spiritual power even though the headphones weren't working, he still felt the spirit. The last speaker of Sacrament meeting was, in fact, the Stake Preizdent, and yes he did a beautiful-good job, as well as everyone else. 


We did some service and helped translate a blessing on a house for this member. It is so fun to watch Sestra
Peterson grow as a missionary. I admire her in too many ways to count! Her faith. Her Passion. Her testimony. I have seen it all gladly.

It was a great week it have been the fastest one I've had yet! I wish all of you next week, joy and fresh oxygen from trees. 

čau 

-- 
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mindThou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself..ys.
S Laskou,
Sestra Baxter

No comments:

Post a Comment