My heart has never been more in the Czech Republic I love this place! Last week
we were able to sing at this old folks home. In each of the rooms was 6-8 people. These are the people who cannot get up and move a around by themselves. I can tell you my heart sunk. I felt such a deep love of and sorrow for these sweet people who, for whatever reason, had to spend part of their lives just lying there and especially during Christmas. Luckily, I think our ward made was thinking or doing the best thing they possible could have done for these people and bring Christmas to them by the means that we had. We sang all the sweet Czech Christmas songs like: Nesem vam noviny, Narodil se Kristus Pan, Chtic aby spal, ticha noc, and other songs. Wow. The spirit that was felt. Some of these people were overwhelmed with joy, and others were crying, but I pray that these people were about to remember about someone who was born over 2000 years ago that went through the hardest thing that a human could go through to ensure that we would be able to have health and our body restored to a perfect state. I felt the spirit very strong during that time.
We also made a special Christmas bread called vanočky with members. More them 100 loaves to hand out to member and investigators. Literally these members are angels. I feel sometimes they are not from this world. We handed most of the bread out on Friday when we went and did visits with the Starsi Holt the senior couple and because sister Holt was sick with the other Starsi, and lessons with 9 members, less active members, and investigators. It was awesome we got into places that we have never gotten into before! Anyway I don't have so much time left but have the best week ever!
--
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.... because if you will do this you will want to save the trees and pray always.
S Laskou,
Sestra Baxter
No comments:
Post a Comment