When we walk out the door, a crisp fall wind hits our face and it is like you can smell the frost on the barren tree branches and on the ground. When we breath our breath comes back in white fog and makes our faces warm for a moment then back to the cold winter air. The first person we see and talk to says, "No," but we move on. We walk along cobblestone paths which we sometimes trip on if we are not paying attention. In the center of the town--which you have to get to by going through a tower that you would imagine in your classic fairytale-- there is a big Christmas tree which lights up the whole square. You are surrounded by colorful buildings. You name the color, it's there: light blues, and sea greens, soft purples, and vibrant yellows. The only way seen way out or in is back though the tower.
Yesterday heading back to Pardubice from church we start on our way back, one of us asks the other, if they hear it, too. We are convinced little angles are singing in Czech their classic Christmas Carlos to help us spread the message to our sweet unbelieving Czech family. like.. Nesem vám noviny poslouchejte, or Narodil se Kristus Pan. When we finally come closer to the joyous sound, we come a upon a singing group of little children in front of an old communist church.
This week was a good one. I think the highlights of this week were the people we went on exchanges with, and the sisters we went on exchanges with. We first went on exchanges with the sisters in Prague. I got the opportunity to be with Sestra Boza. She is such a good missionary! Each exchange I have been on with her, I have learned a lot! I think I learn more from her than she could learn from me. On the exchange, we were able to teach this investigator named Jarda about the Book of Mormon. She taught with great power and spirit. She is doing well. I think she is a little afraid of going home, but as well as excited. I think it will be great for her to finish out a transfer with Sister Heap, though, going strong. Sister Cade also mentioned how great the exchange was with the sisters in Prague and how they are helping their investigators a ton.
We also had the Sisters from Plzen come to us. That was a huge blessing. We found a less active we are going to start working with, as well as an investigator named Ben who has not been answering our calls. We are going to start working with a wonderful former investigator who Sestra Andersen taught when she was here named R_____ who got really busy in the spiring but still wants to hear about the gospel. It was a great exchange. I happened to be with Sestra Andersen. Wow, she is such a good missionary! Her Czech is so pretty, and I feel like she is way-fearless at contacting, even if she says she is afraid. We both decided that we would fast this Sunday so that we could focus on our missions because missions are the best, and I think missionaries forget that too often.
We also had a lesson with this way darling Young Single Adult girl. Sestra Cade and I are so happy because it is kind of the dream to teach a YSA girl for every sister missionary. Because lots of times girls don't want to talk to us. But it went so good. She is pretty classic Czech--believes there is something there but isn't quite sure what it is. The lesson was way good and spiritual. I pray she will do as we have said and ask God herself.
--
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.... because if you will do this you will want to save the trees and pray always.
S Laskou,
Sestra Baxter
No comments:
Post a Comment