No čau, hezky svátek!
Tady jsem ja Sestra Baxter. Jenom Česky protože máme novy Prezident Pohořelický.
Hello everybody this is Sestra Baxter in the Czech Republic! We have a new missionary Preizdent Pohořelický! We said goodbye to President McConkie which was so heart breaking. He has done so much for the Czech Republic. But I am not way too sad because I am positive I will like see him speaking at general conference this October as a next apostle and Sister McConkie as a young women's President of the Church and his family will probably just on some kind of TV show because they are like almost perfect.
But we had our first meeting with Preizdent Pohořelický and his wife fresh when they got back from the MTC. They were glowing. I don't think there is a missionary in this mission that feels like this is not what the Lord wants. With them being Czech that means everything is in Czech: trainings, letters to the mission president, you name it. I was a little bit nervous going there [to the meeting] not knowing if they would try their English out because its probably better then our Czech. But when I first heard the AP conducting our training in Czech everything felt right. It even was more humbling to hear their stories of them turning from what they would call a "classic czech atheist" to having the fullness of the Lord's gospel, to their transition in becoming a mission president family. Sestra Pohořelicka shared her testimony that she knows that these people are "hard," that they are "mean," maybe sometimes they will "tear you apart," but they are just a very "hurt" people, still recovering from being taken over so many times. She shared that she knows that her people need our message. Wow. The spirit filled the room. I know the Lord loves you all more than you can imagine
P.S. My emails might get shorter because I need to type in Czech, and I am pretty slow at that, kind of like I am in English as well.
--
S Laskou,
Sestra Baxter
No comments:
Post a Comment