July 11, 2016 --"How's your lighting?"

Something I have realized this week is when people say 'that sounds too good to be true' for Czechs, sometimes I think the Gospel of Jesus Christ sounds that way. They don't understand that that the Gospel simply sounds good and it simply is true. 

I testify from this computer and everyday that the Gospel is the thing that, can change lives, give new starts, gives answers to questions, bring light into our home, family, and soul, it can reach that far. Jesus taught, 

I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

I have often felt like King Lamoni in Alma 19 in my conversion process and felt the light of following Christ.
He knew that the dark veil of unbelief was being cast away from his mind, and the light which did light up his mind, which was the light of the glory of God, which was a marvelous light of his goodness—yea, this light had infused such joy into his soul, the cloud of darkness having been dispelled, and that the light of everlasting life was lit up in his soul, yea, he knew that this had overcome his natural frame, and he was carried away in God.
Sister Huylar and I last Tuesday were tracting after we attempted to visit a less active member. We tracted into this middle aged man. He had a huge cherry tree. He got us a bag and handed us, it seemed, like the never-ending supply of cherries off the tree until our bag was overflowing. We thanked him so much and asked if he felt like he had a relationship with God. He was pretty "classic" and didn't really want to talk much about anything we wanted to say but made us lemonade with mint from his garden, and lots of sugar. It was sooo good! While we were drinking his mother came out with his father. But the mother could barely walk. So, she went into a shed-hangout place,  and we decided to see if we could share a message with her or at least pray. She lay on the couch, facing us. barely being able to move, only holding a cigarette. We asked if we could pray with her, she agreed that would be okay.  After the prayer had ended, she was crying and opened up. She asked why things happen in the world? Why is she like this? And she stated that God did not exist. We went through things like: free agency, we need trials to understand happier times in live, and so on and so forth. We shared that prayer works, testified that God is there, that she is important to him, and that everything in this life will be made fair. She replied, "Talk to me when you are 70." I gladly said I would love to talk to her when I am 70 because by then she will have realized that everything will be fair and that God is there. That would be one of the most spiritual experience of my life. I am so excited for that! She still could not wrap her head around the fact that the Gospel is that good and it is that true. God can not force us into the light. I love the P______ family! I pray I will see them again.

On the flip side I have seen some people this week starting to let the light in, one being a less-active named M___. She texted us and said, I want to become active in the church again. We have started meeting with her, reviewing the lessons she learned in the past. She is slowly coming in to the light again and her appearance is changing each time we see her.

Also, we have two wonderful investigators with baptismal dates, K___ and  Z_____. They both have expressed regrets of past transgressions and people they don't want to be. It's the best opportunity as missionaries to be with them every step of the way. It is my very favorite activity to do on earth! They both have baptismal dates for the 13th of August. WE ARE SO HAPPY!!😊 

I was also studying in Psalms 56 and read a verse

For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?

I know that as soon as we decide to make a change, we have people cheering for us every step of the way. People sometimes think of Heaven as a finish line and God and Christ waiting at the end. But I know Christ, maybe family members, maybe friends, maybe missionaries, are with us now and can help us on this path!

May we walk with God in the light while we are living.

S laskou,

Sestra Baxter



No comments:

Post a Comment