August 22, 2016 -- "The connecting tree"

Something I have learned being on my mission is to be connected--which people might think weird for a missionary to say, because we are not allowed to: watch tv, read magazines, get on the internet

unless it is to email their mission president, family, and friends once a week. People might say that we are the most "disconnected" people on the whole earth. I would beg to differ. I have never felt closer to, earth, God, Jesus Christ, family, and friends than on my mission. This connecting factor for me is the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. I feel it the highest honor to learn and help others be connected as well. 

There is this show that I used to watch when I was younger, AVATAR. In it there was this huge tree. It connected everything in the land.  And if you would try to connect with it, it would help you know where people are or show you things you need to know. I know that this is exactly what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is for me and people around me. I truly believe that there is a spiritual connection that most people know about but are afraid of naming it, or just careless with what it's called. I love it a lot that we as humans--we know so much about this world, scientists these days are amazing. It is unbelievable, truly, what we know about this earth and mankind! But there is a connecting factor in all of this--that is that God exists and as sent us here. 

As written in Joshua 1:3-4:

Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you. From the wilderness and unto the great river, all the land and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun.

This week I really have enjoyed sharing what I know with people here in Liberec, as we try to help
everyone get connected with the higher power, the energy, or with our glorified Father in Heaven. We have seen him guide our path to places we needed to be so we could find people that are ready to hear his Gospel.  I know that He loves us and has sent us here to live on a beautiful earth so we can learn and gain experiences. I also know He sent his Son so we never have to be alone on our path, and as we follow in his footsteps we can experience lasting happiness that will stay with us through sad or happy times. 

JSTE Užasný!!!!!

Save the Trees and Pray Always
Sestra Baxter
-- 






Cause it's a good book.

Our friend moved to Dankso.

Chalk display.





Scriptures "rebound" because of the flood.
(Only 100Kč krouns.  Don't worry parents.)







No comments:

Post a Comment