Mesto. We talked to about 9 people but called on more houses than that. But the most surprising one was when we trackted into a young fellow about 18 named F____. He walked out speaking perfect English: "So you wanted to talk about your Church or something?" We walked with him to a park and got his background on religion and things. He thinks very logically about everything but is pretty open about things we have to tell him, and he has a lot of amazing questions. We were deciding when to set up again, but then we saw that tomorrow we were going to Cesky Raj with the Elders and their investigator J__. It was so fun, and I thought, really good, for him to see that we were normal people. We have met with him on a couple other occasions this week including when he came to Game Night. He also came to church to all 3 hours! The problem is, I am not sure how much he is praying about the things we are telling him because he says he doesn't have faith in God yet. So it is hard trying to pray in something you don't believe. But we for sure know he has a desire! I think everything will have to come down to him praying to really find out if the things that we are teaching are true. And the only way you can know that is through prayer and study. And I KNOW God will answer his prayer because he has answered mine! Also, he will be coming to J__'s baptism on Saturday. Pretty sure so that will be awesome
A___ is progressing on his own. He comes to Bible Study and Church like every week. Last week in Bible Study we talked about tithing. He told us "Well, I don't have all the money with me now but I can bring it on Sunday." We were like A___, really only members need to pay tithing but that is great and we won't deny you the blessings of paying. We continued on with our Bible study and before he left he grabbed a tithing slip on his own and started filling it out! How cool is that?
The spirit of Elijah is so real. We were English contacting. I, in particular, sometimes really like to contact the people who don't speak English or Czech-- which consists of quite a lot of Germans and every Asian I can spot. This can call for some awkward contacts and just writing down our website. So I spotted out these to Germans and starting contacting them in Czech. It didn't work so I tried English. They spoke wonderful English. We started talking, and they also recognized the name Mormon. The lady expressed the biggest gratitude. The Church had put in the records for her ancestors and said that she was visiting where some of her Czech ancestors were buried. I asked them both if they knew why we did family history. They said they had heard some interesting things but wanted to hear it in person. I felt the spirit strongly as I was able to expound that we believe Heavenly Father wants all of his children to return to his presence not only the ones that have lived in the last couple centuries but on and on. I expounded on the doctrine that families were forever. I knew at least the women and I were feeling the spirit so much as we were both in tears on the namesti. She explained to me that she feels an influence on the other side wanting her to to do this work. I was a little frustrated because I could only tell her the website and pray that she will contact the German missionaries. But that was definitely one of the most spiritual experiences on my mission.
I am starting to get depressed realizing I am more than half way done with my mission and realizing that most of the people I will be in contact at home won't speak Czech. So if any one would like to be so kind and start learning Czech, you have around 10ish month if I can't get it extended. But also I love you pals and am so thankful for your support😊
Sestra Baxter
| Taaannn |
| KEBABSSS so happy |
No comments:
Post a Comment