March 14, 2016 -- "The little tender mercies I see everyday."



Jihlava is continuing to have many people who are open to our message. The Lord's hand is really seen here. We had a lesson with Veronika (it was very good) on the law of Chasity. Sister Dite was able to make it. We followed up with the Word of Wisdom; she said it was going well. She didn't seem suprised about anything or nothing seemed new. But we we asked her to live it she said she will see. We really tried to bear our testimonies of it because it really is a wonderful commandment of God for our happiness. 

Our investigator Niki, who had/has a baptismal date, said he was moving back to Bulgaria, and said he would try to find the missionaries there. But when we called to see if he made it back so we could send his number though the referral system, he said he was living in Prague. So we sent his number to one of the missionaries in Prague. He is great and really has an open mind and heart about the things we are teaching him. So I hope he will be able to contiune his way to baptism.

Andrew is another person we are teaching. I can be almost a 100% sure that he has felt the spirit multiple different times with the missionaries. He was found a year ago and received a Book of Mormon from some missionaries. A couple of weeks ago, we were doing building tours, and we showed him the pictures. It was really spiritual. He was speaking English with us, and because I served in Washington, I had memorized the First Vision in English and was able to say it. Wow. I literally could just feel the spirit testifying through me. (I have to learn it Czech now, because that is like the best!) He said he would be interested in meeting. So we set up a meeting. We had the first lesson with Ondra Novak. Ondra Novak testifed and was literally like a superstar! After the lesson Andrew said "that felt good!" He felt the spirit. Our next lesson is after email with Ondra Novak again.

I have also been pretty sick. So one day we were contacting all day and walking so much, and I really felt like I could fall over. We were headed home and we saw a Taiwanese friend. She is a member but is not active, and whenever I see her I get 7 times happier. She asked if we had had dinner yet , and that is what we were heading to do. She asked if we wanted to go to her fav Chinese "restarace" in Jihlava because her husband was going out to drink. He says "Beer is like bread for Czechs." Of course, we said "Yes." I literally felt right at home, listening to Chinese speakers and eating decent Chinese food. I am so grateful for the little tender mercies I see everyday!  

We have some great people we are meeting with next week!!  I really see the Lord's hand working in Jihlava with me and Sister Heap. She is such a wonderful example to me everyday.



-- 
Save the Trees and Pray Always
Sestra Baxter

1 comment:

  1. It was nice to meet you, even if i am non-believer. Have a great time here in Jihlava. Greeting from Matěj,we have met monday evening :)

    ReplyDelete