November 16, 2015 -- "Scary roads and wet dresses"

Ahoj to all my favorite pals :)


Washington is as rainy as ever which I am pretty stoked about. But it is also causing a ton of flooding and scary roads and wet dresses. So I told Heavenly Father, even though I love rain so much, to no longer have it come according to my diligence as a missionary.  Ha Ha. 

Well this past week has had its downs. One being, the cutest Korean lady Sally who we met one night knocking a trailer park she could barely walk and speak English let us into her home one night and told us how she loved Jesus and how she prayed every night and talked our ear off about some Korean calendar with babies on them claiming they are her sisters' grand-kids. Ha Ha they were definitely not.  Then we left. Being a greenie, I told my companions we had to get her a Korean Book of Mormon next time we went to the mission office. So we did. When we went back, she got to her door and looking out of it told us, "No." And she didn't want to talk to us so I just left it on the porch. I was heart broken:(   After that, the guy in the trailer next to her came out. I thought, "Oh, maybe he wants to hear the Gospel." Then he told us he was going to call the cops on us.  That was depressing...

 I am like generally a pretty nice human, I would say. But I had the urgency to fight a human because they were just so much like Zoramites in Alma.  And then I would fight him and then he would remember God plan. But thankfully, I didn't. So now he just remembers my companions and me as missionaries who tried to be nice.




On a happier note, we have this perfect boy (I am going to give him a fake name) JIM WHITE. He is sooo ready to go in the water and to come to JEZSIE.  Like wow. I almost stopped believing the field was white and ready to harvest. Jim White is like 23ish years old. I think, due to past transgressions, he will have to do a interview with the mission president and maybe first presidency. But he is willing to do that because he knows how much this gospel will bless him and how much being truly clean by someone holding proper authority to baptize. Literally so stoked for him:)

Oh, I thought I should let everyone know, yeah, Christian Fife from the valley is my zone leader. So that cool. I see him quite a bit and will see him at this Zone activity in like 5 minutes he is a way great missionary!  
So I am pretty sure we can all agree on how the Book of Mormon is the best ever. But I also know how important it is to read it! Literally, I had no idea how wonderful that thing was till I opened the Book and read it? I didn't know like half the scriptures in Alma were about missionary work. Like what!  If I loved Jesus and heard there was another Book about Jesus coming to earth, you know I would be on that!  

I thought I would just add Elder Holland's (who would definitely be a firebender) words on to this because he spits fire:  

"For 179 years this book has been examined and attacked, denied and deconstructed, targeted and torn apart like perhaps no other book in modern religious history—perhaps like no other book in any religious history. And still it stands. Failed theories about its origins have been born and parroted and have died—from Ethan Smith to Solomon Spaulding to deranged paranoid to cunning genius. None of these frankly pathetic answers for this book has ever withstood examination because there is no other answer than the one Joseph gave as its young unlearned translator. In this I stand with my own great-grandfather, who said simply enough, “No wicked man could write such a book as this; and no good man would write it, unless it were true and he were commanded of God to do so.” 

"I testify that one cannot come to full faith in this latter-day work—and thereby find the fullest measure of peace and comfort in these, our times—until he or she embraces the divinity of the Book of Mormon and the Lord Jesus Christ, of whom it testifies. If anyone is foolish enough or misled enough to reject 531 pages of a heretofore unknown text teeming with literary and Semitic complexity without honestly attempting to account for the origin of those pages—especially without accounting for their powerful witness of Jesus Christ and the profound spiritual impact that witness has had on what is now tens of millions of readers—if that is the case, then such a person, elect or otherwise, has been deceived; and if he or she leaves this Church, it must be done by crawling over or under or around the Book of Mormon to make that exit. In that sense the book is what Christ Himself was said to be: “a stone of stumbling, … a rock of offence,”  a barrier in the path of one who wishes not to believe in this work. Witnesses, even witnesses who were for a time hostile to Joseph, testified to their death that they had seen an angel and had handled the plates. “They have been shown unto us by the power of God, and not of man,” they declared. “Wherefore we know of a surety that the work is true.” 

AMEN Elder Holland!


Save the Trees and Pray Always
Sestra Baxter

No comments:

Post a Comment